Johnson Middle School Students Lead Pledges
Johnson Middle School students (from left) Samira Matchie, Ka’najah King and Kathy Nguyen led the pledges to the American and Texas flags at the February 21 board meeting.
Eva Reyes Recognized as Teacher of the Month
Eva Reyes, a kindergarten gifted and talented teacher at Stipes Elementary School, was honored by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Teacher of the Month for February. Reyes is pictured with Trustee Nell Anne Hunt.
Aris Lazo Recognized as Employee of the Month
Aris Lazo, secretary to Division Director of Specialized Learning Services, was recognized by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Employee of the Month for February. Lazo is pictured with Trustee Randy Randle.
Lina Cevallos Recognized as Guest Educator of the Month
Barbara Pasley, a guest educator at Elliott Elementary School, was honored by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Guest Educator of the Month for February. Cevallos is pictured with Trustee Randy Necessary.
Recognition of All-State Musician from MacArthur High School
The board of trustees recognized MacArthur senior and tuba player Erik Hernandez-Trujillo for achieving the highest honor a Texas music student can receive. After excelling in Area auditions on January 7, Erik placed in the 2017 Texas All-State Band. He is among 1,700 students from across the state selected to participate in one of 15 All-State ensembles in the areas of band, orchestra and choir. As a member of the All-State Band, Erik traveled to San Antonio and performed under the direction of nationally-recognized conductors during the annual Texas Music Educators Association Clinic/Convention. Erik is pictured with Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jose L. Parra and Board President Dr. Steven Jones.
Public Hearing on 2015-2016 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) for Irving ISD
Shannon Trejo, assistant superintendent of school leadership and development for Irving ISD, shared information about the 2015-2016 Texas Academic Performance Report for Irving ISD.
- Approved Consent Agenda Items:
- Approved Minutes of Board Work Session on January 17, 2017 and Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, January 23, 2017
- Approved Financial Statement for December 2016
- Approved Resolution and Order No. 16-17-14 Authorizing February Amendment to the 2016-2017 Budget
- Approved Resolution and Order No. 16-17-15 Approving Supplements to Irving ISD Tax Rolls
- Approved Requests for Additional Compensation to a Contract or Noncontract Employee
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement between Physicians for Children D/B/A Children’s Health Pediatric Group and Irving ISD for School Health Telehealth Services
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement between the University of North Texas and Irving ISD for the Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) Program
- Approved a Subcontract between the University of North Texas and Irving ISD for the Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters Autism Gran Program – Parent Directed Treatment: A+ Hippy: a Statewide Autism Parent Training Collaboration
- Approved an Education Service Agreement between the Dallas County Community College District and Irving ISD for Instruction of Non-Credit Courses for the Adult Education and Literacy Program
- Approved Second Amendment to Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number One Project and Financing Plan with City of Irving
- Approved Second Amendment to Texas Increment Reinvestment Zone Participation Agreement and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with City of Irving
- Approval Resolution No. 16-17-03 Authorizing Agreement with the City of Irving for a Meter Vault Easement at TJ Lee Elementary School
- Approved Resolution No. 16-17-04 Authorizing Agreement with the City of Irving for a Private Fire Line Service Agreement at TJ Lee Elementary School
- Approved Phase II Guaranteed Maximum Prize (GMP) for the North Lake College Natatorium Renovations
- Approved the Proposed 2017-2018 Student and Teacher Calendars
- Accepted Gifts and Donations to the District
- Approved Resolution No. 16-17-05 Amending Resolution No. 16-17-01 Ordering an Election of the Qualified Voters of the Irving Independent School District on May 6, 2017, for the Purpose of Electing Two Trustees to the Board
- Approved Resolution 16-17-06 Approving Joint Elections Services Agreement between Dallas County Elections Administrator and Irving Independent School District