Dear Elliott Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to Elliott Elementary School and a school year that promises to be filled with wonderful opportunities for your child. Every student at Elliott will acquire new knowledge, achieve personal growth, and accomplish great things.
I am excited to begin my second year as principal at Elliott. It is a wonderful school where we care about each child. The staff and I can’t wait to start the year and we look forward to welcoming all of our brilliant students, parents, and families.
As with all teams, communication is the key to our continued success. My door is always open. I am here to listen and creatively problem solve with you. Keeping the best interest of every child at the forefront of our decision making will result in a successful outcome.
Elliott Elementary and I are here to serve our students, parents, and community. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns please do not hesitate to ask or stop by.
In advance, I want to thank you for your support and cooperation for the upcoming school year and we welcome your involvement at school events.
Important Dates and reminders:
· Monday, August 10th - Enrollment Verification-Last name A-L @ Elliott from 8:00am-7:00pm
· Tuesday, August 11th- Enrollment Verification-Last name M-Z @ Elliott from 8:00am-7:00pm
· Monday, August 10th – 14th – Enrollment and registration & proof of residency
o Each family will need to access the online registration system on the Irving ISD website. Once this is completed you will need to bring proof of residency to the school. Once these two items are completed, students will be placed on a class list (The office will be open from 8:00 – 3:30 for assistance)
· Tuesday, August 18th - Elliott staff members will be visiting some homes in order to greet new and returning families to our school.
· Thursday, August 20th - Open House and PTA’s Welcome Back Picnic and Sale of Packaged Supplies from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
· Monday, August 24th - First Day of School
· Tuesday, September 1st - Independence Day - parents will allow their children to walk to class independently with the help of our teachers and staff (parents will no longer be allowed to walk their children to class).
· School is in session from 7:45am – 2:45pm
· Breakfast is provided to all students from at 7:30am until 7:45am
· Tardies -
o The student is tardy AFTER 7:45am. If your child arrives after 7:45am, the person dropping off the student MUST come into the office to sign in the student(s).
child comes in AFTER 9:30am and they have been to the doctor (with doctor’s
note in hand), they will be counted present.
If the child comes in AFTER 9:30am without a doctor’s note, they
will be counted absent for the day, but they will be allowed to stay for