Help With Online Registration


    If you experience technical difficulties with the online system, submit a request form to PowerSchool Support:


    Schools are closed in July and will re-open Monday, August 5. Staff will be available to help families with the registration process from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

    Comments (-1)

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q:  When do schools open for 2019-2020 school year?

    A:  School are closed during the month of July and will re-open August 5 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

    Q:  Do I have to register online?

    A:  We are requesting all students register online.  Please contact your school’s principal if you have any concerns. 

    Q:  Is there a separate registration process for PreK? And what are the eligibility requirements?

    A:  Irving ISD offers free and tuition-based PreK programs for students who will be 4 years old by September 1,2019. There is a separate eligibility and registration process for PreK students. To learn more, visit

    Q:  Will the school have computers available if I don’t have the internet or a computer?

    A:  Yes, there are computer labs available for those who need access to a computer or the internet once schools re-open August 5. Please contact school for available times.

    Q:  I don’t have an email address. Can I still register?

    A:  Email is the best way for Irving ISD to communicate with parents during the year. If you do not have an email address you can get a free one from or

    Q: How do I know if I am enrolling a new or returning student?

    A:  A new student is:

      • a student who has never attended an Irving ISD school

      • a student that withdrew from Irving ISD prior to the completion of the 2018-2019 school year

         A returning student is: 

      • a student currently enrolled and completed the 2018-2019 school year in Irving ISD

      • a student returning to the same campus next year or moving from one campus to another 

    Q: What is a "snapcode"?

    A:  Snapcodes are only associated with returning students. A snapcode is like a key to your child’s data and is used to complete online registration for the upcoming school year. New students who complete the school year will then receive a snapcode the following summer to  register as a returning student.

    Q: Will my child need a "snapcode" as a new student?

    A: No, students new to Irving ISD do not need snapcodes. Families of new students can register online directly through PowerSchool by creating a new account. 

    Q:  What if I have more than one student in the district enrolling? Do I need to complete a separate form for each child?

    A: Yes, because you will need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another – this will allow you to "snap" (or share) selected family information, which saves you time. 

    Q:  I  chose the wrong school when registering.  How can I change it?

    A:  Go to the correct school to complete the enrollment process after August 5. Let them know the campus is wrong on your registration and that you need them to transfer your submission to their campus.

    Q:  I'm having technical difficulties and can't understand PowerSchool's layout or workflow. Can I get help?

    A: Yes, you can contact PowerSchool support at

    Q:  How do I change my registration form after I have submitted?

    A:  Any changes to registration data after it has been submitted need to be made in-person at the school.

    Q:  Once I have completed the registration process through PowerSchool, am I finished registering my child?

    A:  No, you will need to provide registration verification at the campus for which you registered your child.

    Q:  What documents do you accept for registration verification?

    A:  You will need the following documents for registration verification:

      • Proof of Residency:

    At the time of registration, the parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control of a student under a court order must present proof of residence in the District in the form of one or more of the following:

    - A recently paid rent receipt

    - A current lease agreement

    - The most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership

    - A current utility bill (gas, water, electric) indicating the address and the adult’s name 

    In addition, the adult shall present a valid Texas driver license or Texas identification card indicating the correct address.

    For a student living separate and apart from his or her parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control under a court order, the adult District resident with whom the student resides shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent.

    For a nonresident student whose resident grandparent provides a substantial amount of after-school care, the grandparent shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent.

      • Updated immunization records
      • Student birth certificate or passport 

      • Student's social security card (if available)

      • Previous school records or most recent report card (if available)

    Comments (-1)