Meet the Signature Ambassadors
- Priya Alexander
- Xiomara Andrade
- Tori Arellano
- Bariha Askery
- Michael Betancourt
- Adama Diallo
- Abigail Dominguez
- Kaitlynne Gaideski
- Penelope Gallardo
- Faiza Hissam
- Elisabeth Hotard
- Gerardo Jimenez
- Mariela Lara
- Angie Maravi
- Kathy Nguyen
- Unia'sha O'Con
- Giselle Osegueda
- Miguel Osorio
- Naveena Sujith
- Vidhya Thakur
Signature Ambassadors are students selected to be the face of Irving ISD Signature Studies. These students will hold an important role in representing our campuses at important events throughout the school year.
What does a Signature Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet public at school level and district events.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of the Signature Studies Programs and other pathways available to students in Irving ISD.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, community members and other guests.
- Represent Irving ISD during community events when requested/available.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events put on by the district’s Signature Studies Department.
- Positively represent Irving ISD and its student body at all times.
- Attend required trainings and meetings when necessary.
What is in it for me as a Signature Ambassadors?
- Sharpen communication and public speaking skills
- Improve interpersonal and conversational skills
- Enhance confidence when speaking and interacting with many members of the Irving community
- Develop networking skills through participation at exciting events
- Develop leadership to use in college and beyond
Events Signature Ambassadors will be involved in:
- Future Board Recognition as the Inaugural Class
- Participation in Gold Card Tour at Ratteree (Spring 2019)
- Participation in Go Irving Event (Spring 2019)
- Special Presentations at High School Open House Events
- High profile role in Celebration of Excellence event (Spring 2019)
- Presentations to Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Irving etc. (Ad Hoc)
What is the process?
- Irving ISD will identify and train 12 student ambassadors to lead tours and provide presentations to the community regarding Signature Studies Programs and other pathways.
- Those interested in becoming an ambassador must complete an application provided during the fall semester.
- Each student must provide two references (1 must be a current Irving ISD teacher).
- A committee of district leaders will review the applications and select students to complete the interview portion of the process.
- Students who successfully complete the application and interview process will be invited to a mandatory training before being named a Signature Studies Ambassador.
Those interested in applying for this leadership role should complete the online application here.