Early College Selection & Requirements
Selecting Early College Students
Students are identified for the Early College Start Program using district, state assessment, and College Board data. This includes:
- English I End of Course (EOC)
- PSAT College Readiness
- Reading College Readiness (MAP testing)
Course Enrollment Requirements
Once students are identified, students must take the TSI (Texas Success Initiative Assessment) and receive a minimum TSI score to enroll in a dual credit course. Students must:
- Receive a Math Score of 350 or higher
- Receive a Reading Score of 351 or higher
- Receive a Writing Score of 340 or higher with an essay of 4
Dual credit students may receive a TSI waiver based upon the eligibility requirements below.
- PSAT/NMSQT placement scores from a test taken prior to October 15, 2015: By achieving a combined score of 107 with a minimum of 50 on the reading test. By achieving a combined score of 107 with a minimum of 50 on the mathematics test.
- PSAT/NMSQT placement scores from a test taken on or after October 15, 2015: By achieving a score of 460 on the evidence-based reading and writing (EBRW) test. By achieving a score of 510 on the mathematics test.
- PLAN: a composite score of 23 on the PLAN with a 19 or higher in mathematics and English
- By achieving a Level 2 final recommended score of 4000 or higher on the English II STAAR EOC
- Have enrolled in a Level-One certificate program