FREE PreK Eligibility
Children may attend PreK in Irving ISD for FREE if the parent/guardian is an Irving ISD resident, the child is 3- or 4-years-old by September 1 and the child meets one of the following criteria:
- Eligible for free or reduced lunch. To identify if you qualify, visit the National Free Breakfast and Lunch document.
- Eligible for SNAP and/or TANF
- Qualifies as an English Language Learner
- Qualifies for Medicaid
- Currently or has ever been in the foster care system
- Dependent of active military service member, member who was injured during active service or is the survivor of a member killed in active service
- Dependent of first responder who is a recipient of the Star of Texas Award
Tuition-Based PreK Eligibility
Children who do NOT qualify for FREE PreK may enroll in Irving ISD's tuition-based program for approximately $100/week.
The child must be 3- or 4-years-old by September 1.