Protocols for Face Coverings
The District will rely on guidance from the Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Dallas County Health Department as well as any executive orders or directives from Governor Greg Abbott, to determine the use of face coverings.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings upon entry to any building, in all common areas including hallways and restrooms, and when speaking with anyone else.
- Upon arrival to the building/work site, proceed to the designated area where temperature checks will be conducted daily.
- Remain 6 feet apart when waiting to be screened and cleared.
- Students in Pre-K through 2nd grade will only wear face coverings in hallways, common areas, while riding the bus to and from school and during arrival and dismissal.
- Students in 3rd through 12th grade will wear face coverings in hallways, common areas, while riding the bus to and from school and during arrival and dismissal, and in the classroom.
- Students’ individual needs will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Requests for accommodations should be submitted to campus administration.