West Nile Virus Information
West Nile virus (WNV) is a potentially serious illness. Experts believe WNV is established as a seasonal epidemic in North America that flares up in the summer and continues into the fall. This fact sheet contains important information that can help you recognize and prevent West Nile virus.
Table of Contents
- What can I do to prevent West Nile Virus?
- What are the symptoms of WNV?
- How does WNV spread?
- How soon do infected people get sick?
- How is WNV infection treated?
- What should I do if I think I have WNV?
- What is the risk of getting sick from WNV?
- What is the Center for Disease Control (CDC) doing about WNV?
- What else should I know?
- Who do I contact for more information?