November 13, 2017
Barton Elementary School Students Lead Pledges
Students from Barton Elementary School led the pledges to the American and Texas flags at the November 13 board meeting. A special thanks to students (from left) Hector Santos, Emma Garza, Byanca Zavala and Anders Chavez.
Ashley Milholen Recognized as Teacher of the Mon
Ashley Milholen, girls athletics coach and science teacher at de Zavala Middle School, was honored by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Teacher of the Month for November. Milholen is pictured with Vice President Randy Randle.
Elizabeth Adame Recognized as Employee of the Month
Elizabeth Adame, bilingual PreK aide at Kinkeade Early Childhood, was recognized by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Employee of the Month for November. Admae is pictured with Trustee Dr. Steven Jones.
Robert Aguirre Recognized as Guest Educator of the Month
Robert Aguirre, a guest educator at Elliott Elementary School, was honored by the Board of Trustees and Administration as the Irving ISD Guest Educator of the Month for November. Aguirre is pictured with Trustee Nell Anne Hunt.
Cardwell Senior Recognized for National Youth Entrepreneur Challenge
Cardwell Career Preparatory senior Clifton Jackson recently competed in the 2017 National Youth Entrepreneur Challenge after creating a three-in-one tool for electricians. His invention, the CWC Pliers, is designed to increase job efficiency and workplace safety by reducing the number of times an electrician switches tools. Having excelled in the regional round this summer, Clifton joined 41 young entrepreneurs in New York City for the annual contest hosted by the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE). Clifton made an extraordinary run, advancing as one of three national finalists and winning $5,000 as runner-up. Clifton is also the first student from the North Texas region to reach the final round. He is pictured with Irving ISD Superintendent of Schools Jose L. Parra, Ed.D. (far left), Board President Larry Stipes (far right) and Barbara Cardwell principal Lesley Kelley.
- Approved Consent Agenda Items:
- Approved Minutes of Board Work Session on Monday, October 16, 2017 and Regular Board Meeting on Monday, October 23, 2017
- Approved Financial Statement for September 2017
- Approved Resolution and Order No. 17-18-06 Authorizing November Amendment to the 2017-2018 Budget
- Approved Resolution and Order No. 17-18-07 Approving Supplements to Irving ISD Tax Rolls
- Approved Requests for Additional Compensation to a Contract or Non-Contract Employee
- Approved Item No. 2018-04 Approving the Renewal of RFP #17- 03-916 for Vending, Groceries, General Retail Merchandise and Supplies
- Approved Architectural Services Contract for Career and Technical Education (CTE) Laboratory/Classroom Addition and Renovation Projects at Irving, MacArthur, and Nimitz High Schools
- Approved Construction Manager-At-Risk (CMR) as the Procurement Method for Career and Technical Education (CTE) Laboratory/Classroom Addition and Renovation Projects at Irving, MacArthur, and Nimitz High Schools
- Approved Architectural Services Contract for 2018 Kitchen Renovations
- Approved Competitive Sealed Proposals (CSP) as the Procurement Method for 2018 Kitchen Renovations
- Approved Resolution No. 17-18-01 Casting Vote for the Fifth Member of the Board of Directors of the Dallas Central Appraisal District
- Accepted Gifts and Donations to the District
- Consider Approval of First Reading of Proposed Locally Developed Revisions to the Following Policies; FD(LOCAL) Admissions; FDB(LOCAL) Admission – Intradistrict Transfers and Classroom Assignments; FMG(EXHIBIT) Student Activities - Travel
- Approved Consent Agenda Items: