Student Transportation Services
Irving ISD's top priority is the health and safety of our students. Because of this commitment, we partner with First Student, one of the leading student transportation companies in the nation, to transport students in a safe and timely manner.
Starting September 28, students who choose in-person learning will be receiving transportation services for the 2020-21 school year. View the video below to learn what safety protocols will be implemented.
Below is a link to the Start Safe video from First Student:
Bus Health and Safety Guidelines
In an effort to provide a safe bus ride for students, the following guidelines will be implemented:
- Parents are highly encouraged to drop off or walk with students to school.
- All bus drivers will be screened upon arrival to work.
- Drivers must wear appropriate PPE which includes a face mask and/or face shield.
- Students will not be permitted to sit behind the bus driver.
- Students will be instructed to maintain 6 feet of social distancing while they wait for their bus.
- When boarding the bus, students will be encouraged to avoid crowding at the entrance of the bus.
- Once inside the bus, social distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all students as they enter the bus.
- Students of all ages will wear appropriate PPE such as masks. Students will be encouraged to bring their masks from home. However, if students do not have one, the district will provide them with one as they enter the bus.
- If a student refuses to wear the mask, disciplinary actions up to and including losing the privilege to ride the bus will be explored, however, no student will be left behind unattended.
- If weather permits, the school bus windows will remain open for better air circulation.
- As students exit the bus, they will be instructed to avoid forming crowds. Once they exit the bus, they will be directed to report to their respective areas on campus.
- Bus drivers will wipe down highly touched surfaces between routes. Each bus will be sanitized a minimum of two times per day with EPA approved disinfectants.
- The buses will also be disinfected weekly using a Petra Backpack Fine Mist Sprayer that utilizes EPA approved disinfectants.