Connect With Us

Retirements and Resignations

  • NEW This Year – You may submit your resignation/retirement letters to


    • Submit signed letter of resignation to Human Resources in person or email (
    • Indicate type of employee in Subject line (Professional, Para, Auxiliary, Food & Nutrition Service)


    • Submit letter to Human Resources for end of year retirement no later than Monday, March 2, 2020 to be eligible to sell unused local sick leave days.
    • Form to sell unused local sick leave days must be presented with TRS form.  Deadline for forms to Human Resources is FridayMay 1, 2020. 


    Thank you for your service to the staff, students and community of Irving ISD. Please complete the following steps to ensure a smooth exit from the district.

    1. Submit a resignation/retirement letter to the Human Resource office.
    2. Complete the Employee Exit Form
    3. Personal Information (Employee Self Serve)
      • (Be sure all your personal/contact information is correct for any final communication from the district and for your W2 to be sent in January)

    If you need instructions to log on to Employee Self Serve

    Employee Self Serve   Employee Self Serve Auxiliary

    Terminated employees may also update your address by completing the address change form.

    All your benefits will end August 31 of the school year in which your separate employment (terminate, resign or retire) if you complete your contract or work the last day of instruction.  If you do not complete your contract or work the last day of instruction, your benefits will end on the last day of the month in which you separate employment.  As applicable, COBRA and conversions may be available.

    Comments (-1)

Service Records

  • Attention!!!

    If you have resigned or retired from Irving ISD this year (2020) your service record will be sent to your current address on file with Employee Self-Serve by the end of the Summer. There is no need to request your service record. Click here to request your service record.

    Employees Leaving the District - If you are leaving the District prior to the end of the school year, your records will be available once your final payout has been made and your leave balances have been updated.  If you complete the full current year of employment and will not return for the coming year, your service records will not be available until the end of year processing has been completed which is on or about July 1st.

    Current Employees - Please note that original service records cannot be released until and employee submits a resignation to the district.  However, on occasion, employees need a copy of their service record for various reasons and we are happy to supply a copy of those records upon request. Click here to request your service record.

    Comments (-1)

Continuation of Insurance Coverage Options