Retirements and Resignations
NEW This Year – You may submit your resignation/retirement letters to HR@irvingisd.net.
RESIGNATIONS AND RETIREMENTS:
- Submit signed letter of resignation to Human Resources in person or email (HR@irvingisd.net)
- Indicate type of employee in Subject line (Professional, Para, Auxiliary, Food & Nutrition Service)
- Submit letter to Human Resources for mid-year retirement no later than Monday, November 30, 2020 to be eligible to sell unused local sick leave days.
- Form to sell unused local sick leave days must be presented with TRS form. Deadline for forms to Human Resources is Monday, November 30, 2020.
Thank you for your service to the staff, students and community of Irving ISD. Please complete the following steps to ensure a smooth exit from the district.
- Submit a resignation/retirement letter to the Human Resource office.
- Complete the Employee Exit Form
- Personal Information (Employee Self Serve)
- (Be sure all your personal/contact information is correct for any final communication from the district and for your W2 to be sent in January)
If you need instructions to log on to Employee Self Serve
Terminated employees may also update your address by completing the address change form.
All your benefits will end August 31 of the school year in which your separate employment (terminate, resign or retire) if you complete your contract or work the last day of instruction. 11 and 12 months employees who wish to conitnue coverage through August 31, must contact the Benefits Office to arrange premiums payment. If you do not complete your contract or work the last day of instruction, your benefits will end on the last day of the month in which you separate employment. As applicable, COBRA and conversions may be available.
Employees Leaving the District - If you are leaving the District prior to the end of the school year, your records will be available once your final payout has been made and your leave balances have been updated. If you complete the full current year of employment and will not return for the coming year, your service records will not be available until the end of year processing has been completed which is on or about July 1st.
Current Employees - Please note that original service records cannot be released until and employee submits a resignation to the district. However, on occasion, employees need a copy of their service record for various reasons and we are happy to supply a copy of those records upon request. Click here to request your service record.
Continuation of Insurance Coverage Options
Employees seperating from employment must contact insurance carriers directly and submit required forms and payment within 30 days of termination (60 days for COBRA) in order to continue coverage.
Click Here Separation of Service for Retirement or Termination for the plan-specific instructions.
Other important information