SEL at Home
In Irving ISD, social emotional learning (SEL) goes beyond the classroom.
Parents, caregivers, and students can continue SEL-related enrichment activities, resources, self-care and mindful practices at home. See below to get started today!
Parents, check out these resources and strategies that you can use at home to ensure your child is expressing their emotions and feeling safe.
- Fighting Fair Family Pledge- Read and sign the Fighting Fair Family Pledge to strengthen your family bond!
- Family Gratitude Prompts- Check out these conversation starters to inspire your family's grateful thinking!
- Calm Down Area- A calm down area at home can give children a space to reflect and calm down when they have big emotions. Learn how to set one up!
- Travel Calm Down Kit- Create a calm down kit for when you're on the go!
- Common Sense Media- This website will tell you if movies and TV programs are age-appropriate for your child.
- Daily Temperature Check- Help your child share their emotions with you.