How to Request Services
In order to best serve our clients, the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) department has implemented an agency-style project-based management system. All requests are placed in a project management calendar on a first-come, first-serve basis. No direct email requests to members of the team are accepted, except for translation requests.
All requests must be submitted via the forms linked below. Once your form has been received, a member of the MarComm team will contact you to set a consultation. After the initial consultation, the MarComm team member will make the appropriate recommendations to ensure your project is a success.
To determine when you need to submit requests, please see the timeline below:
- Day of Event Coverage: Minimum Seven Business Days’ Notice
- Event Planning and Promotion: Minimum Six Weeks’ Notice
- Full Marketing Campaign: Minimum Eight Weeks’ Notice
- Video Production: Minimum 10 Business Days; longer depending upon complexity of design
- Graphic Design: Minimum 10 Business Days; longer depending upon complexity of design
- Interpretation Equipment: Minimum Three Business Days
- In-Person Interpreter: Minimum Five Business Days
Submission Forms – Which form should I submit?
If you are requesting services including graphic design, print materials, video production, social media campaign, In the Know, ad planning, photography, website development or media relations, please complete the Project Service Request form.
If you have a great story idea, please complete the Submit your Story form.
If you are needing to reserve interpretation equipment, please complete the Interpretation Equipment form. If you need to reserve an in-person translator for an event or meeting, please complete the Interpreter form. For translation of documents and forms, please email Dinorah Peña-Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the request process, email Dr. Nicole Mansell, Chief of Marketing and Communications, at email@example.com.