Irving ISD COVID-19 Cases
Irving ISD is committed to keeping our students and staff safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to maintain transparency, the district has created a dashboard that will be updated daily with the number of test-confirmed cases reported in the district.
Below you will find the number of current test-confirmed cases by campus and central staff. Central staff is represented in the "other" column. This information is further broken down by students and staff. Please check this website daily to find the most up-to-date numbers.
COVID-19 Notification and Symptoms
- When a test-confirmed case is identified on a campus, the principal will notify students and staff.
- Contact tracing will be conducted, and individuals who were deemed to have come into close contact with a test-confirmed case will be notified and asked to quarantine and transitioning to remote learning during this time.
As a reminder, the Texas Education Agency has defined close contact as:
- Being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on); or
- Being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes. However, additional factors like case/contact masking (i.e., both the infectious individual and the potential close contact have been consistently and properly masked), ventilation, presence of dividers and case symptomology may affect this.
**Staff members who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify their supervisor.
**Parents of students who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify their principal, assistant prinicpal, school nurse or teacher.
All students and staff are encouraged to conduct a daily COVID-19 screening. The symptoms are as follows:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache