Dual Language (DLI) Program
Give your child the opportunity to read, write and speak in two languages with Irving ISD's Dual Language program.
In two-way Dual Language, classes are comprised of both English- and Spanish-speaking students. Students receive 50 percent of instruction in English and 50 percent in Spanish.
- Raises academic achievement on standardized tests
- Increases problem-solving abilities
- Improves communication skills
- Impacts the structure and cognitive functions of the brain
- Enhances a student's career opportunities in a global society
Two-Way Dual Language Enrollment
Families interested in enrolling in the two-way Dual Language program may apply March 1 - May 1.
HOW TO ENROLL:
Students must be entering kindergarten or first grade in August.
(1) Click here to download and print the 2020-2021 Enrollment Form.
(2) Bring completed form to your child's Dual Language school by May 1.
(3) Also provide parent photo ID, child's birth certificate and proof of residence.
** TRANSFERS: If your Dual Language school of choice is not your resident school, please submit an in-district transfer request beginning March 1 at IrvingISD.net/Transfers. See below for participating schools.