1200 E. Union Bower Road
Irving, TX 75061
No Excuses! Excellence and Equity for all!
We engage learners to become critical thinkers, leaders and contributors in a diverse and competitive world.
Where Our Future Begins!
¡Donde comienza nuestro futuro!
History of Good Elementary School
John R. Good Elementary School has been a part of Irving since 1959. The school was named after a generous man, John Roland Good, who donated the land for our school. In 1960, Good began while under construction with Mr. Arthur Casey serving as the first principal. Mr. Casey was actually the principal here and at a nearby school. According to Mr. Casey, there were three hundred students when the school began with ten teachers and one secretary. The school had ten rooms of students in first grade through sixth grade.
Contributing Editors: Alexandria, Gabrielle, Paige, Ashlyne, Yennifer, and Miss Key