Volunteer Opportunities for Students
Volunteer hours for the 2018 - 2019 school year MUST be submitted on the current forms which are light blue. These forms are available outside of the counseling/AP office and in room 228. Only hours from March 5, 2018 to March 4, 2019 should be recorded. See Mrs. Gallemore in room 228 for additional information about volunteer service.
Mustang Park Recreation Center
Mustang Park Recreation Center is looking for volunteers for the upcoming Helicopter Egg Drop Event.
- WHEN: Saturday, April 20th from 10-2 pm
- WORK HOURS: Volunteers need to work 9am – 1 pm on Saturday. Volunteers may come Friday Night to get extra hours added to their Saturday hours to do a practice run through from 5-6 pm. (MUST STAY TO WORK ALL HOURS TO GET CREDIT)
- DESCRIPTION: Help with set-up, tear down, clean up, control lines, help corral the kids, Patrol the area
- DRESS: Positive professional image appropriate for assigned responsibilities.
- CONTACT: Stacy Lambert, firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-556-1334
Childcare Volunteers Needed
High School childcare volunteers needed for Irving.Net Adult ESL classes;
- Thomas Haley Elementary from 4:30 - 7:30 pm Tues/Thurs
- Brown Elementary from 5:30 - 8:15 pm Tues/Thurs
- Austin Middle School 5:45 - 8:30 pm Mondays
Contact Delia Watley at 972-600-3770 if interested www.irvingisd.net/ael
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Need to earn community service time? Want to “learn while you earn”? Join the VITA program where you will learn how to prepare Income Tax Returns! This Internal Revenue Service (IRS) sponsored program teaches you to prepare basic tax returns. Once you have completed the course you will receive the IRS Link & Learn Certification and implement your training by assisting taxpayers in the completion of their income tax returns. Nimitz has been partnering with the IRS for the last 15 years in this work and presently assists about 350 taxpayers and/or families each year. We need your help to continue – sign up with Mr. Manale in the cafeteria any morning before school or e-mail him and he will provide the information.
Nimitz Green Team
The Nimitz Green Team meets each Wednesday after school to empty the recycling bins in the classrooms and offices. See Mrs. Dodds.
Teen Court is an exciting program that is making a difference in young people's lives. Through varying roles, teen volunteers, under the guidance of adults, present cases, deliberate and construct a sentence for teens who have received a Class C misdemeanor citation. Call the Teen Court Office at 972-721-3601, e-mail Rachel Castro at email@example.com or check on the Irving website at www.cityofirving.org for more information. You can also check with Mrs. Gallemore in room 228 for additional details.