Special Programs

  • Which schools offer Dual-Language?
    The Dual-Language program is currently housed at Brandenburg, Farine, Lee and Thomas Haley elementary schools; Houston and Travis middle schools; and MacArthur High School.

    Which schools offer gifted and talented classes?
    Gifted and talented classes are available at all Irving ISD schools. 

    Which schools make up the Regional Day School for the Deaf?
    The Regional Day School for the Deaf is housed at Britain Elementary, Bowie Middle School and Nimitz High School. 

    How can my child attend Singley Academy?
    Admission into Singley Academy is based on a lottery process. Singley will accept applications from students who reside within Irving ISD boundaries and those who have been approved for an out-of-district transfer. Applications are normally available at the beginning of January and may be submitted by the last Friday in January. More information may be found at the Singley Academy website..

    What career-focused programs are available for my child?
    Signature Studies offers career-focused pathways at all three comprehensive high schools, as well as Singley Academy. For a complete list of Signature Studies, click here.

    Is there an option for students needing a personalized school experience?
    Cardwell Career Preparatory Center serves students who are seeking a non-traditional school setting and customized, flexible programs to help accelerate or recover credits.

    What is available to help homeless students?
    Visit the Project P.A.S.S. website for more information. 

    Comments (-1)