Reading is at the heart of education, and the only way to get better at reading is to do it! To encourage your child to “read their heart out” this year, our classroom is participating in the BOOK IT!® Program. Below is more information on how it works, along with a few ideas for how to get involved at home. *There is no purchase necessary and the pizza can be taken to go.
- Each month from October through March, I will set a reading goal for your child.
- I will read aloud in class, show my love for reading and instill a love of reading in your child.
- When the goal is met, I will celebrate the achievement by recognizing your child with a Reading Award Certificate in front of the whole class!
- Review the goal with your child, and set aside time at home to read every day.
- Be a role model by reading yourself and reading to or with your child to show that you, too, value books and love reading.
- When your child achieves their monthly goal, make it a celebration! You can redeem your child’s Reading Award Certificate for a free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza®*, Passport to Reading and sticker at Pizza Hut. So, make it a date! That special one-on-one time can make your child’s reading achievement even sweeter.