Phase II Info
- Phase II: 3- 5th Food & Herb Garden (by 3-5 hallways) - 30 stakeholders
- The BBurg Garden in the back of the school, will be an ongoing garden of seasonal and nutritional plants that K-5 students will grow, maintain and enjoy. Students will be incorporating STEM related projects, conduct research and have areas for collaboration and reflection.
- The Cafeteria Herbs area will beautify and provide herbs to the outer area of the cafeteria, teacher lounge and outdoor picnic tables. These will also be maintained by k-5 graders.
- Area: 3,552 sq. ft.
- Design: K-5 Student Garden (vegetables)
- Materials: soil, beds, tables, benches
- STEM projects
Outdoor Cafeteria Herb Area: 40 sq. ft.
- Student made containers with herbs will be placed by teachers' lounge window.
- low maintenance evergreen drought resistant plants/herb