Members are required to complete a minimum of 9 service hours each semester. Service activities must be documented on the Service Log and signed by a supervising adult who is NOT A FAMILY MEMBER.
Service activities must benefit the community (school, neighborhood, city, etc.).
Examples of activities that are NOT acceptable service activities:
- activities in which the student is compensated in ANY way (i.e. money, gifts, objects, rewards, favors, etc.)
- assisting family members (i.e. babysitting a sibling)
- household chores
- activities performed during school hours
- activities that are required for a group or club (i.e. performing in a school concert, student ambassador, etc.)
- activities that directly benefit a club or for-profit organization (i.e. fund-raising for a club)