free half-day PreK

1. Social Security Card

2. Official Birth Certificate

3. Updated Immunization Records

4. Proof of Residence

At the time of registration, the parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control of a student under a court order must present proof of residence in the District in the form of one or more of the following:

-  A recently paid rent receipt

-  A current lease agreement

-  Most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership

-  A current utility bill indicating address and adult’s name (water, electric or gas bill). A telephone bill may not serve as utility bill.

In addition, the adult shall present a valid driver's license, identification card indicating the correct address or U.S. passport.

For a student living separate and apart from his or her parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control under a court order, the adult District resident with whom the student resides shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent.

For a nonresident student whose resident grandparent provides a substantial amount of after-school care, the grandparent shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent. 

5. Proof of Income - acceptable documentation for income is:

- For wages and salary: current paycheck stub, current pay envelope, or a notarized letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid

- For self-employee income: business or farming documents, such as ledger books and/or self-issued paycheck stub, last year's tax return

- For cash income: a notarized letter from the employer stating wages paid and frequency

- For other income: Welfare, Child Support, and Alimony recipients need to provide a copy of a benefit letter, child support/alimony agreement or copy of checks received; Pension, Retirement, and Social Security recipients need to provide a social security retirement letter, statement of benefits received, or pension award notice; Unemployment, Disability or Worker's Comp recipients need to provide a copy of notice of eligibility from State employment security office, check stub or letter from Worker's Compensation; any Other Income (i.e. rental property) information that shows the amount of income received, and how often it is received, and the date received needs to be provided.

6. Proof of Military Dependency (if used for eligibility)

Acceptable military documentation: Documentation of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or that the child's parent/guardian was injured or killed while on active duty.

 7. Proof of Conservatorship (if child has been in foster care)

Bring proof of conservatorship if child has been in foster care with the Department of Family & Protective Services

 8. SNAP of TANF Eligibility Letter (if you have received these from welfare)

Welfare may have issued you a SNAP or TANF eligibility letter.  SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and TANF is the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.