1. Social Security Card
2. Official Birth Certificate
3. Updated Immunization Records
4. Prior school records or most recent report card
5. Proof of Residence
At the time of registration, the parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control of a student under a court order must present proof of residence in the District in the form of one or more of the following:
- A recently paid rent receipt
- A current lease agreement
- Most recent tax receipt indicating home ownership
- A current utility bill indicating address and adult’s name (water, electric or gas bill). A telephone bill may not serve as a utility bill.
In addition, the adult shall present a valid driver's license, state identification card or U.S. passport indicating the correct address.
For a student living separate and apart from his or her parent, guardian, or other person having lawful control under a court order, the adult District resident with whom the student resides shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent.
For a nonresident student whose resident grandparent provides a substantial amount of after-school care, the grandparent shall provide proof of residence in the same manner as a parent.