Social Media Rules of Engagement
Irving ISD welcomes public participation and engagement on all district, school and program social media accounts. However, comments will be monitored for civility and appropriateness. The following outlines the district’s Rules of Engagement for participation on district social media sites.
Irving ISD reserves the right to delete or remove a posting that violates any of these rules:
- Comments must stay on topic and be related to school district posts.
- Comments must be appropriate for an educational environment of all ages.
- No false, hostile or vulgar content.
- No offensive language. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic, sexist or sexually explicit or that targets ethnic, religious or other legally protected groups.
- No specific allegations, personal attacks or accusations about a student, parent, employee, trustee or community member. The district social media sites are not intended for sharing personal issues and concerns.
- Respect copyright and fair use laws.
- Comments and postings cannot promote illicit, illegal or unethical activity.
- No spam, advertisements, or links to other sites for the purpose of marketing goods and services.
In the event that a comment or post violates the Rules of Engagement, the comment will be removed from the site and a warning will be sent to the user. If there is another violation, said individual will be blocked from the site.