Enrolling in Signature Studies Programs
As a recognized leader in the area of career-focused programs, Irving ISD Signature Studies continue to expand the number of students served. More than 13,000 students in grades 7-12 were enrolled in industry-focused classes in the 2017-2018 school year.
Signature Studies programs are open to all students based on availability.
Application process for middle school students:
Current Irving ISD middle school students participate in exploratory field trips and activities to familiarize themselves with program offerings.
Middle school students may select to attend one of the "Schools of..." available exclusively at a specific high school.
- Irving High School
- School of Aviation Science
- School of Biomedical Science
- MacArthur High School
- School of Architecture, Construction & Civil Engineering
- School of Business & Entrepreneurship
- Nimitz High School
- School of Veterinary Science
- School of Energy and Enviormental Entrepreneurship
Middle school students may also enroll in other pathways offered at all three traditional high schools:
- Art/AV Technology and Communication
- Business, Marketing and Finance
- Culinary and Hospitality
- Education and Coaching
- JROTC (Leadership)
To enroll, contact your child's school counselor.
After being accepted, students can change their pathway if they desire, but doing so could impact their graduation and endorsement requirements.