On November 16, 2018, Irving ISD launched a new digital flyer communication tool called “Peachjar”. With the new system, flyers are distributed to parents through a weekly email and posted on school websites. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
This is part of the district’s ongoing effort to focus resources on education while reducing the environmental impact of our activities.
How It Works
- Parents will receive a welcome email from Peachjar that includes a username and password. This gives families the opportunity to manage their account and flyer delivery preferences. Parents do not have to log in to receive or view the flyers.
- Upon launch, parents can also access digital flyers through the Peachjar button that will be placed on the district homepage and each campus home page.
- Outside organizations will register with Peachjar for a reasonable fee, which is typically much less than printing copies of the information. (Peachjar will waive the registration fee for organizations promoting free events or services. PTA/PTO and Booster Clubs will not pay a fee to post digital flyers.)
- Once an organization has registered with Peachjar, flyers will be uploaded to the system and must be approved by the district’s communications office before they are emailed to parents or posted online.
- At each school, the principal and/or principal’s secretary will be designated as the “Peachjar School Admin.” These accounts are created by the communications office and give schools the ability to post internally-created flyers. “Peachjar School Admins” will be notified via email when their account is created.
The following information provides instructions and protocols for using Peachjar e-flyer system:
- All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by Irving ISD Communications. Flyers will be approved every Tuesday and distributed electronically every Wednesday.
- Flyers are not sent during winter and spring break. Flyers are sent during the summer.
All flyers considered for distribution from outside organizations must:
- Not directly conflict with Irving ISD programs.
- Support Irving ISD mission and vision.
- Not offer activities, goods or services related to alcohol, drugs, firearms or weapons, illegal materials or activities, activities advocating violence or lawlessness, dangerous activities or activities otherwise not suitable for school-aged children.
- Not be political in nature, and may not advocate for or against any political candidate, issue or decision being considered or discussed by any elected official, governmental entity or public organization.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Log in
- Upload your flyer for approval
- Your flyer will be automatically submitted to Irving ISD for review and approval.
Once your flyer is approved by the school district, it is automatically released for distribution every Wednesday. Please keep this in mind if you have an event on the weekend and want to give a week's notice. Upload your flyers at least two weeks ahead of your event.
Please remember that you can upload multiple page flyers and that you can include two-sided flyers with English and Spanish versions in one pdf.