Student & Staff Safety Protocols
All students and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms regularly and individuals who present with symptoms will be separated and sent home.
- Staff will be asked to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work each day.
- Staff will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building.
- Parents/guardians are expected to screen their students for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their student to school.
- Teachers will monitor students and refer to the nurse if symptoms are present.
Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
- When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within 30 minutes and no later than 1 hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian.
- Other students will be removed from the classroom and taken to an alternate location on campus (e.g. go on a walk outside, move to a different classroom, etc.) so that the classroom can be disinfected.
- District communication will be provided to the parents of students who came in contact with a COVID-19 positive student or staff member.
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow district protocols including isolation from students and other staff members.
Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to submit a letter of good health from a physician's office prior to returning to school.