All staff will be trained on how to report suspected Child Abuse and Maltreatment.
The Texas 83rd Legislative Session Passed SB 939 that stresses the importance of reporting Child Abuse.
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
Report as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours after first suspecting maltreatment.
- Bruises heal, physical evidence disappears
- Memories fade and people change their minds about what to say to CPS
Reporting website: www.txabusehotline.org
- First time users must create a user account
- Reports made via the website take up to 24 hours to process
Texas Abuse Hotline of the Family and Protective Services: 800-252-5400
Use Hotline if you:
- Believe your situation requires action in less than 24 hours.
- Prefer to remain anonymous.
- Have insufficient data to complete the required information on the report.
You can also contact: Irving PD Domestic Violence Unit: 972.721.6560