History Of Thomas Haley Elementary

Tom Tom and Fannie Haley, on their 50th wedding anniversary, in front of their house at their farm in present day northwest Irving.  Today the Tom Haley Elementary School stands on the site of the old farm house.

 

Thomas Haley Elementary opened its doors in 1963.

 

The school was named in honor of Mr. Thomas “Tom” Haley (1872-1963) who played an active role in the Irving community. Of his contributions, Mr. Haley supervised the construction of the early Beltline Road; he was president of the Irving School district voting in the building of the first brick school house; and he was the oldest original land title holder in Dallas County.