Connect with us
In 1914, Mr. Lee Bose Barton and his wife, Lena, purchased a farm in the community that was then known as Sowers. Sowers was later incorporated into Irving.
Their farm covered the area from Fouts Street to Pioneer. It included the property where our school is located on Conflans.
Lee's children attended Sowers School, which was located on the street we now call "Pioneer". Mr. Barton was a trustee for Sowers School for thirty-five years.
In 1956, L. B. Barton Elementary School was built and named after Lee Bose Barton.
MissionAt Barton Elementary School we are committed to the success of all students by providing high quality instruction accomplished through a supportive and collaborative community.
VisionAll students will achieve their full potential at Barton Elementary School.