J. O. Schulze was one of the founders of Irving Texas. He was employed by the Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway. He arrived in Irving to survey a route between Fort Worth and Dallas. He decided that this was a nice area for a town and bought 80 acres from the Britain family in 1902.
In 1909, the Texas Legislature created the Irving Independent School District. There were 190 students. Originally called East Ward Elementary School, the school opened in 1952. Since 1962, it was named after J. O. Schulze, one of the founders of Irving. It is located at 1200 South Irving Heights Drive and Shady Grove Road. A new school building was erected just south of the original building in 1989 on the same campus. The first building is presently used as the Earlie Mae Wheeler Elementary Development Center and also includes a Special Education office.
Mission and Vision
Mission At Schulze Elementary, we empower all students through high quality learning experiences.
Vision At Schulze Elementary, we expand future opportunities for all learners by building an exceptional, sustainable learning environment.