631 Edmondson Street
Irving, TX 75060
Principal: Ms. Magro-Malo
To instill a passion for learning that lasts a lifetime!
We will create a community where passionate educators work cohesively towards a student-centered learning environment.
History of Britain Elementary School
Lee Britain Elementary began as Central Elementary. Central Elementary was originally located on the old school campus (where the Senior Heritage Center is now). In 1961, when the current Irving High School opened, Bowie Junior High moved into the old high school building on 6th Street and Central Elementary moved into the Junior High building on Edmondson. In 1965, the name was changed to honor Lee Britain.
Lee Britain was born in 1886 and died in 1957. He spent most of his life operating a dairy on land that his father gave him. The land was located between today's Britain Rd. and Nursery Rd. along Irving Blvd. He was active in the development of early Irving and served on the IISD Board of Trustees for 22 years. He married Kate Murphy in 1906, and the couple had five children.