Science Discovery Education
Vision, Mission, Core Values
Vision: We inspire all students to love science today to become the scientists of tomorrow.
Mission: On Irving ISD’s path to educational excellence, the Science Discovery Education department delivers barrier-free, hands-on science experiences for all IISD students inside and outside the classroom.
SDE Core Values
S – Stimulate hands and minds to experience the natural world
D – Develop curiosity about the wonders of science
E – Empower students to ask "Why?"
SDE Field Trip Visitation Schedules
PreK - coming soon
OMNI Room Schedules
Elise Walker Outdoor Learning Center
To see Teacher Resources, log in with your district credentials.
Check out the Science Discovery Education's celebrations:
- 2017 designated a Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation
- 2018 grant of 50 milkweed plants through Monarch Watch
- 2020 Sadie Rae Graff Environmental Education Award through Keep Texas Beautiful
- 2021 Sponsor-a-Hive granted a native bee box through The Bee Conservancy, to support solitary native bees.
- 2022 Excellence in Environmental Education Award from Texas Association of Environmental Educators (TAEE)