School Messenger is an automated parent notification system that provides the district and schools the ability to generate telephone, email and/or text notifications to families.
Parents are automatically provided a School Messenger account when their child is enrolled in Irving ISD. School Messenger sends communication through phone, email and text message. Parents wanting to receive text messages can opt into that service by texting the message YES to the number 67587.
Parents who have updated their phone number and/or email address will need to communicate that new information directly with their child's campus. If a parent is experiencing issues with School Messenger including not receiving messages, getting messages in other languages, etc., the parent will also need to work directly with their child's campus to identify the problem.
Administrators and other campus staff as designated by principals have access to send School Messenger phone calls, emails and text messages to students and/or staff.
Check out these tips for successful messages:
- Keep messages short. Stay within 45 to 60 seconds for a phone call.
- Categorize your message depending on the purpose. Categories are:
- General announcements
- Broadcasts can be sent to an entire school or to a specified group of students or staff.
- Have a translator translate messages. The translate feature on School Messenger is not accurate.
- Keep current parent phone numbers and email addresses. School Messenger will email a report to the person who sent the message. The report will include the message delivery rate as well as the number of incorrect phone numbers and/or email addresses.
- To add a School Messenger user, email TechSupport@IrvingISD.net.