• header

School Records Requests




    We are here to help you receive your child's school records. 

    Please note that our hours have changed a bit for the summer. Here's our schedule until school starts in August: 

    • 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday - Thursday
    • Our Records Clerks, DP Clerks and Registrars will be out of the office the following dates:
      • Early Childhood and Elementary Schools: June 7 - July 22
      • Middle School: June 17 - July 8
      • High School: July 1 - July 8

    Copies of student records are available at a cost per page. Proper identification and signature are required for all requests. 

    If your child is requesting an out-of-state student request, reference the Out of State Letter.

    Important Things to Note: 

    • Irving ISD is only required to retain PreK-8th grade student records from the date of withdrawal plus 5 years.
    • Special Program records are only retained from cessation of service plus 5 years.  
    • Some high school records, such as the transcript are retained permanently; however, the majority of records are disposed of based on the district's retention schedules, which begin at the date of withdrawal and/or graduation.

Important Information for Student Records Requests

  • Out of an abundance of caution, Irving ISD has put a preventative social distancing plan in place. We apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause.


    • We will attempt to send all records electronically.
    • If you have a special request regarding the delivery method, please note this in your request.


    • In compliance with law and district policy, upon request of a properly qualified individual, access to a student’s education record shall be granted within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 45 days. 34 CFR 99.10
    • Please read the FERPA Annual Notice pertaining to rights and exceptions regarding student records provided by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
    • Parents may access, seek to amend, or consent to disclosures of their children's education records unless there is a court order or other legal document specifically stating otherwise. When a student turns 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, the student, and not the parent, may access, seek to amend, and consent to disclosures of his or her education records.

    NOTE: In compliance with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, Local Schedule SD (13 TAC 7.125(a)(6)) (Third Edition), most student records are not kept any longer than five (5) years from that date of withdrawal or graduation of the student, some records may be retained for less than five (5) years.  However, a student transcript (academic achievement record) for grades 9-12 is kept permanently.

Request for Transcripts

  • Current Student Request

    • Current students must have a signed Transcript Release Form on file from their school's counseling office.
    • For a copy, visit the school counselor’s office or click the School of Attendance in the chart below for an electronic copy.
    • Current student will receive the first five official transcripts ordered free; additional official transcripts are $2.00 each.
    • The Campus Registrar is the primary contact for transcript requests.

    Former Student Requests

    Former Irving ISD students can make requests on Online Transcript Request site.


    School of Attendance
    Dates of Attendance
    Request Transcripts Here
    Irving High School
    and Non-Grads
     2006-current  Registrar's Office
    Irving High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
     Prior to and
    including 2005
    Service Center,
    Records Office
    MacArthur High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Nimitz High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Singley Academy Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Cardwell Career Prep. Center Graduates All years Home Campus Registrar's Office
    Cardwell Career Prep. Center Non-Grads  All years
    Registrar's Office

Student Diploma Requests

  • Irving ISD does not keep copies of diplomas because diplomas are considered ceremonial documents, not district records. The high school transcript (academic achievement record-AAR) is the official record of achievement/graduation.


Transfer Student Requests

  • Students who are transferring into or out of Irving ISD and need a student record, will need to follow the instructions below:

    Requests for Schools in Texas 



    • Records must be requested and disclosed through the TREx system.
    • The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) system is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars have the ability to electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also have the ability to electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx to access the University of Texas (UT) SPEEDE server.

    Requests for Schools Outside of Texas

    • Effective October 28, 2020, to provide enhanced and more secure service for our transfer students, all records requests for our former student must be made online using our new student record request system, K12 Transfer, by Scribbles Software.
    • Fax, phone calls, emails, and mail will no longer be accepted.