Transfers Overview

  • Irving ISD provides families with options through a Board approved transfer application process. Here are the two ways a parent can request a student transfer:

    • An in-district transfer may be granted to current Irving ISD students wishing to attend a district school outside of their attendance zone for approved reasons.
    • An out-of-district transfer may be granted by application to non-resident students in grades K-12 currently living outside of Irving ISD boundaries.

    Here's the good news! Whether you are an in-district or out-of-district transfer, you will complete the same application. Click below to start the process. 



Frequently Asked Questions

  • When will I be notified if my transfer request is approved or denied?

  • My child is entering PreK next year. Can I submit a transfer request?

  • Are transfers allowed for dual language or Signature Studies programs?

  • Can I submit a transfer for Singley Academy?

  • Do I need to renew a student transfer every year?