Students interested in attending a school outside of their attendance zone must submit an in-district transfer request. In-District Transfer requests are granted through a lottery process.
Priority Transfer Window: March 1 - April 14
Families that apply during the priority window will be notified via email that they have been accepted or waitlisted on April 24th.
Parents will be notified on April 24th of their status and be given three (3) days to accept before another email is sent reminding them to accept or deny the transfer (that email will be sent on April 27th), if they do not make a decision by May 1st campus operations will attempt to contact the parents one more time via email.
Second Transfer Window: April 14 - July 10
The transfer window will remain open after April 14th through July 10th. Families that did not get in during the priority window and those that apply during the second window will be notified of their status by July 24th.
Parents will be notified on July 24th of their status and be given three (3) days to accept before another email is sent reminding them to accept or deny the transfer (that email will be sent on July 27th), if they do not make a decision by August 1st campus operations will attempt to contact the parents one more time via email.
Thank you for your interest in Irving ISD. Here are the steps to register your child:
Complete the In-District Application to begin the application.
The application requires the following:
- Proof of Residency: a current lease agreement, electrical or gas bill or a utility bill
- Parent/Guardian valid Texas driver's license or Texas identification card indicating the correct address. **This verification will take place at the child's campus in August.
The Campus Operations Department will notify families via phone or email about their child's application status- approval or denial.
If the transfer application is approved, families will need to review and submit the Transfer Agreement provided by the Campus Operations Department.
Before submitting a transfer request, review the Transfer Guidelines:
- In-District Transfer requests are granted through a lottery and not on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests must be submitted online.
- The Department of Campus Operations oversees the approving and/or denying of in-district transfer requests. Campuses will not distribute or accept transfer forms.
- Once approved, transfer students are able to complete every grade level available at the assigned school without renewing annually, if terms of the transfer agreement are upheld.
- Transfers are subject to revocation at the end of every semester based on attendance and behavior. In the case of revocation, parents and the student's home campus will be notified.
Bus transportation is not provided for transfer students. Families are responsible for arranging their student's transportation to and from school.
Transfer Timeline for the 2023-2024 School Year
Wednesday, March 1, 2023: In-District Transfer Priority application opens
Friday, April 14, 2023: In-District Transfer Priority application closes
Monday, April 24, 2023: Notifications sent to families who submitted a transfer request within the priority transfer window. Requests denied due to space may be waitlisted in the second transfer window.
Monday, July 10, 2023: Second Transfer Window Closes
Monday, July 24, 2023: Notifications sent to families that did not get in during the priority window and those that apply during the second window.
Please Note: Kindergarten students requesting a transfer for the purpose of participating in dual language will not be notified on the status of their application until new student registration has taken place at the beginning of August.