An In-district Transfer may be granted to current Irving ISD students wishing to attend a district school outside of their attendance zone for approval reasons. The In-district transfer window for the current school year was open from March 1st – July 10th, 2023. The next In-district transfer window for the 2024-2025 school year will be open from March 1 – July 8th, 2024.
Thank you for your interest in Irving ISD. Here are the steps to register your child:
Complete the In-District Application to begin the application.
The application requires the following:
- Proof of Residency: a current lease agreement, electrical or gas bill or a utility bill
- Parent/Guardian valid Texas driver's license or Texas identification card indicating the correct address. **This verification will take place at the child's campus in August.
The Campus Operations Department will notify families via phone or email about their child's application status- approval or denial.
If the transfer application is approved, families will need to review and submit the Transfer Agreement provided by the Campus Operations Department.
Before submitting a transfer request, review the Transfer Guidelines:
- In-District Transfer requests are granted through a lottery and not on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests must be submitted online.
- The Department of Campus Operations oversees the approving and/or denying of in-district transfer requests. Campuses will not distribute or accept transfer forms.
- Once approved, transfer students are able to complete every grade level available at the assigned school without renewing annually, if terms of the transfer agreement are upheld.
- Transfers are subject to revocation at the end of every semester based on attendance and behavior. In the case of revocation, parents and the student's home campus will be notified.
Bus transportation is not provided for transfer students. Families are responsible for arranging their student's transportation to and from school.
Transfer Timeline for the 2023-2024 School Year
Wednesday, March 1, 2023: In-District Transfer Priority application opens
Friday, April 14, 2023: In-District Transfer Priority application closes
Monday, April 24, 2023: Notifications sent to families who submitted a transfer request within the priority transfer window. Requests denied due to space may be waitlisted in the second transfer window.
Monday, July 10, 2023: Second Transfer Window Closes
Monday, July 24, 2023: Notifications sent to families that did not get in during the priority window and those that apply during the second window.
Please Note: Kindergarten students requesting a transfer for the purpose of participating in dual language will not be notified on the status of their application until new student registration has taken place at the beginning of August.