Students interested in attending a school outside of their attendance zone must submit an in-district transfer request. The window to submit an in-district request for the 2021-2022 school year was Monday, March 1, through Monday, May 3.
If the transfer is approved, students can complete every grade level available at their assigned school on a conditional basis. A new transfer request must be submitted for students in transition grades (entering kindergarten, 6th and 9th) if they wish to continue and enter a feeder school outside of their attendance zone.
DISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATION
Thank you for your interest in Irving ISD. Here are the steps to register your child:
Complete the In-District application. Click on the "In-District" Application box to begin the application process.
The application requires the following:
- Proof of Residency: a current lease agreement, electrical or gas bill or a utility bill
- Parent/Guardian valid Texas driver's license or Texas identification card indicating the correct address. **This vertification will take place at the child's campus in August.
The Campus Operations Department will notify families via phone or email about their child's application status- approval or denial.
If the transfer application is approved, families will need to review and submit the Transfer Agreement provided by the Campus Operations Department.
Before submitting a transfer request, review the Transfer Guidelines:
- All requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Requests must be submitted online.
- The Department of Campus Operations oversees the approving and/or denying of in-district transfer requests. Campuses will not distribute or accept transfer forms.
- A student's academic, discipline and attendance record will be considered. Approval or denial will also rely on campus capacity numbers as projected on the Estimate of Classroom Space and Discretionary Transfer Capacity.
- Once approved, transfer students are able to complete every grade level available at the assigned school without renewing annually, if terms of the transfer agreement are upheld.
- Transfers are subject to revocation. In the case of revocation, parents and the student's home campus will be notified.
Bus transportation is not provided for transfer students. Families are responsible for arranging their student's transportation to and from school.
Transfer Timeline for the 2021-2022 School Year
Monday, March 1, 2021: In-District Transfer application opens
Monday, May 3, 2021: In-District Transfer application closes
Monday, May 17, 2021: Notifications sent to families who submitted a transfer request. Requests denied due to space may be waitlisted.
Please Note: Kindergarten students requesting a transfer for the purpose of participating in dual language will not be notified on the status of their application until new student registration has taken place at the beginning of August.