School Meal Information
Both learning options –remote and in-person learning - offer both breakfast and lunch for students, as described below.
Remote Learning Meal Distribution
Exciting News! Starting Saturday, September 26, school meals for remote learners will be offered on Saturday mornings from 8:00-11:00 a.m. at the following locations:
- MacArthur High School | 3700 N. MacArthur
- Irving High School | 900 N. O'Connor
- Nimitz High School | 100 West Oakdale
- Travis Middle School | 1600 Finley
- Houston Middle School | 3033 W. Country Club
- Crockett Middle School | 2431 Hancock
- Lamar Middle School | 219 Crandall
- Bowie Middle School | 600 E. Sixth
Irving ISD will distribute a meal packet containing 7 breakfast meals and 7 lunch meals in a curbside "grab and go" style.
Per the Texas Department of Agriculture, parents/guardians must bring their child OR keep them at home and bring either their student ID, birth certificate, report card, or letter sent from the Food Service Department to receive meals.
In-Person Learning Meals
Students who choose in-person learning will receive their breakfast and lunch and either eat in the classroom, outside or socially distanced in the cafeteria.
*Due to limited spacing as we ensure the safety of students, parents/guardians will not be permitted to eat lunch with their child until further notice.
All students, whether in-person or remote learners, and those children ages 1 to 18 years old will receive breakfast and lunch FREE of charge. There is no required application to receive free meals.