• Food and Nutrition sub header


       July 20, 2023: Irving ISD Food & Nutrition Services is excited to announce that beginning in August 2023, ALL Irving ISD campuses have been approved to serve Breakfast and Lunch AT NO COST TO ALL STUDENTS. In prior years, Pre-K through 8th grade students were already eligible under the CEP program, but for school year 23-24, we have added all High School and Early Collegiate Campuses as well. No applications or other actions are required to receive these benefits. 


  • CEP Frequently Asked Questions

    1. What is CEP? Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a USDA program that allows school districts to

         serve all students in eligible schools a free breakfast and lunch.


    2. When does it start? ALL Irving ISD Students will have access to a free breakfast and lunch starting with the first day of school.


    3. Do parents have to fill out a meal application to qualify for CEP? NO!, parents will NOT have to fill out a meal application for ANY Irving ISD Student.


    4. Do I have to complete a meal application for my child in High School? NO! High School students (including those taking Early College Classes at North Lake College) will now also be eligible to receive breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE.



    5. If I have money on my Elementary child’s meal account, should I request a refund? No, you do not

        have to request a refund. The funds on your child’s account may be used to purchase healthy a la

        carte snacks or an additional entrée or food item. Profits from a la carte sales are used to support the

        “Snacks for Success” daytime snacks provided to all elementary students, free of charge. The funds in

         your child’s account may also be transferred to another of your children with a meal account at Irving

        ISD. Funds on meal accounts will roll over year to year, so you do not need to worry about losing the

        money on their account.


    6. Can students take more than one meal? One free complete breakfast and lunch will be provided to

        each student. Additional meals/entrees or snacks may be purchased.


    7. What if my child wants the entrée or just one item from the breakfast or lunch line? Students must

         take a complete meal to receive it at no cost. If a student chooses to take only one or two items, they

         must pay a la carte pricing for those items.


    For more information, please call the Food and Nutrition Services Center at 972-600-6900

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/ad-3027.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.