Student Records and Transcript Requests

  • Out of an abundance of caution, Irving ISD has put a preventative social distancing plan in place.  In compliance with Governor Abbott's Order, all schools have been closed for the school year.  Administration is working remotely; however, records clerks are working in skeleton crews once a week to complete record requests.  We apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause.

    Delivery Notice:  Please note that we will attempt to send all records electronically.  If you have a special request regarding the delivery method, please note this in your request.


    In compliance with law and district policy, upon request of a properly qualified individual, access to a student’s education record shall be granted within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed 45 days. 34 CFR 99.10

    Please read the FERPA Annual Notice pertaining to rights and exceptions regarding student records provided by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

    Parents may access, seek to amend, or consent to disclosures of their children's education records unless there is a court order or other legal document specifically stating otherwise. When a student turns 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, the student, and not the parent, may access, seek to amend, and consent to disclosures of his or her education records.

    NOTE:  In compliance with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, Local Schedule SD (13 TAC 7.125(a)(4)) (Second Edition), most student records are not kept any longer than five (5) years from that date of withdrawal or graduation of the student, some records may be retained for less than five (5) years.  However, a student transcript (academic achievement record) for grades 9-12 is kept permanently.

    Comments (-1)

Student Records Requests

  • Copies of student records are available at a cost per page; proper identification and signature are required for all requests. Make a request:

    • Online Student Record Request site.
    • Send a written request or complete the below request form and return to the last school of attendance or Document Services, Attn: Records Request.  Include name while attending school, last year and campus of attendance, and contact information.  If the request is submitted by mail, a copy of the requestor's photo identification is required.  Payment must be made prior to the release of the record.

    NOTE: Irving ISD is only required to retain PK-8th grade student records from date of withdraw plus 5 years.  Special Program records are only retained from cessation of service plus 5 years.  Some high school records, such as the transcript are retained permanently; however, the majority of records are disposed of based on the district's retention schedules, which begin at date of withdraw and/or graduation.

    Comments (-1)

Transferred/Transferring Students

  • In Texas:  records must be requested and disclosed through the TREx system.

    The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) system is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars have the ability to electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also have the ability to electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx to access the University of Texas (UT) SPEEDE server.

    Outside of Texas:  Requests must be legible from the student's new school on their letterhead.  They may be sent directly to campus by fax, US Mail, or presented in person.

    Comments (-1)


  • The Irving Independent School District does not keep copies of diplomas, diplomas are considered ceremonial documents, not a district record.  The high school transcript (academic achievement record-AAR) is the official record of achievement/graduation.

    Comments (-1)

Requests for Transcripts

  • Current Students:

    Current students must have a signed Transcript Release Form on file which may be obtained in the counseling office.  For a copy visit the school counselor’s office or click the School of Attendance in the chart below for an electronic copy. Current student will receive the first five official transcripts ordered free; additional official transcripts are $2.00 each. The Campus Registrar is the primary contact for transcript requests.


    Former Students:

    Make a request:

    • Requests can be made and paid for on our Online Transcript Request site (click link).
    • Transcripts may be requested by completing and signing a Transcript Request Form from the last Irving ISD high school of attendance.  The completed form may be mailed or hand delivered to the campus registrar. Transcripts will not be processed without the signed request form, copy of photo identification or verification of identity, and payment of applicable fees.  Click the school name listed within the chart below for an electronic copy of the request form.  Transcript fees may be paid in cash, check, or money order made payable to the High School of attendance or Irving ISD.
     School of Attendance
    Dates of Attendance
    Request Transcripts Here
    Irving High School
    and Non-Grads
     2006-current  Registrar's Office
    Irving High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
     Prior to and
    including 2005
    Service Center,
    Records Office
    MacArthur High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Nimitz High School Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Singley Academy Graduates
    and Non-Grads
    All years Registrar's Office
    Cardwell Career Prep. Center Graduates All years Home Campus Registrar's Office
    Cardwell Career Prep. Center Non-Grads  All years
    Registrar's Office


    Comments (-1)