The partnership between Irving ISD, Verizon and Digital Promise began in 2017 when the following Irving ISD middle schools joined Cohort 4:
- Austin Middle School Bowie Middle School
- Crockett Middle School Lamar Middle School
- Sam Houston Middle School
In 2019, the remaining three Irving middle schools joined the program as part of Cohort 6.For the 2020-2021 school year, we are proud to welcome all Irving ISD 9th grade students and teachers as part of Cohort 7.
Students in Verizon Innovative Learning schools are
- 3 times more likely to improve their math score, and
- 2 times more likely to improve their reading scores.
Source: Westat March 15, 2017 Research
53% of Verizon Innovative Learning students are more engaged in school.
Source: Across all VIL programs that reported data in 2017
Teachers of Verizon Innovative Learning:
- 68% said the program helped them reach their classroom and instructional goals.*
- 69% reported the program changed the way they teach.*
- 76% reported the program improved their personalized learning goals.*
* 2018 data reported from Verizon Innovative Learning Schools teachers