Texas law requires that all children entering public or private schools and institutions of higher learning be immunized.
Validation of immunization records by a physician or public health clinic will be required for entering school. Any new enrollees who have not completed all immunizations at the time of enrollment must complete them as soon as medically feasible. Any document signed by a physician or the public health clinic listing each immunization and the month, day, and year in which it was given will be accepted.
Immunization Requirements for K-12 (English and Spanish)
Immunization Requirements for PreK (English and Spanish)
- Meningitis (MCV4) vaccine booster dose required for college entry
- Meningitis B - optional for college
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (ages 11 and up)
- Flu vaccine every year
- COVID-19 vaccine
Exemption from Immunization Requirements
Chapter §97.62 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) describes the conditions under which individuals can seek exemptions from Texas immunization requirements. Exclusions from compliance are allowable on an individual basis for medical contraindications, reasons of conscience, including a religious belief, and active duty with the armed forces of the United States. For more information on Texas law, access:
Conscientious Exemption: A student may not be enrolled in school until the original, notarized affidavit is presented to the school nurse. Request the forms as early as possible to allow time for them to be mailed to you and completed before school starts. The school can not accept copies of the form; therefore, be sure to request as many original forms as you need to provide to daycares, camps, or any outside activities. To request the required Affidavit from the Department of State Health Services in Austin, Texas, please access the link below and contact the state department for any questions.
Where to receive vaccines:
Private Insurance or CHIP plans:
- call your primary care physician or a physician on your plan
Medicaid, No Insurance, or Underinsured:
CareVan Irving-TVFC Program
- Must be Irving ISD Student and 18 years old or younger
- For appointment: Notify your school nurse or call 972.600.5205
- Location: Irving ISD Administration Building 2621 W. Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062
Dallas County Irving Location
- Address: 440 S. Nursery Rd. in Irving (469) 941-3470
Dallas County Dallas Location
- Address: 2377 N. Stemmons Freeway, #159, Dallas, TX 75207 (214.819.2163)
Serves Children 18 years or younger. Call location for more information.