We have created new Password Rules and Guidelines that are consistent with established IT security best practices. These guidelines will help ensure the security of our users, our data, and our network. The following bullets describe the new Password Requirements and provide you a list of applications that will use your new password by default.
New Password Requirements
- Cannot contain any part of the user’s name.
- Must be at least 8 characters long and
- Must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase letters (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Lowercase letters (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (special characters, for example, !, $, #, %)
- Must be changed every 180-days (6-Months). Notifications/reminders will be sent.
- Minimum password age: 2 days (48 hours) This means if you changed your password or had your password reset you must wait 2 days (48 hours) before you can change it again.
Note: Password Changes must be done while on the district network and preferably on district property (so that you can get assistance if necessary). You will also need to update your smart phone and iPad at the same time (see attachments). So, please ensure that you have these items with you when you change your password.
Default Application List
Applications that will use the new password credentials:
- TAC (Teacher Access Center)
- GoogleDocs (Synchronized nightly, so changes may take a day to become effective)
- Munis (not including Employee Self-Help)
- Intranet Resources
Note: After changing your password, please ensure that you can still access your normal / typical applications.
Changing your password should only take a few minutes. If you have any problems or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your local Campus Technician (CT) or the Technical Services Help Desk at 972.600.5270.