College is right around the corner, and that's why it's important to take advantage of scholarships.
Scholarships are usually based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Grade point average (GPA)
- College entrance exams such as the SAT and ACT scores
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Extra-curriculars: athletics, fine arts, special talents, community service, etc.
- Financial need
- First-generation college student
- Enrollment in a specific university
- Plans to major in a specific field
Your campus Guidance and Counseling Center are your most valuable sources for scholarship opportunities.