Financial Aid Graduation Requirement:
In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in Grade 12 during the 2021-2022 school year, one of the following must be completed as a requirement for receiving a high school diploma:
1) Completion and submission of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) financial aid application OR
2) Completion and submission of a TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid) financial aid application OR
3) Submission of a signed Opt-Out form to your high school counseling office
Please reach out to your high school counselor or CCMR Coach for more information.
Find more information on the financial aid requirement for high school graduation in the Texas Education Agency website.
View the TEA guidelines HERE.
View Texas OnCourse Guidance for Families for more information.
Note for the 2023-24 School Year:
The opening of the 2024-25 FAFSA and TASFA financial aid applications is expected to be delayed until December 31, 2023 due to a major redesign.
The anticipated changes will provide:
- a more streamlined application process,
- expanded eligibility for federal financial aid,
- reduced barriers for certain student populations, and
- a better user experience for the FAFSA form.
Please visit Federal Student Aid for more information.
2024-25 FAFSA/TASFA Financial Aid Applications
What can be done NOW to prepare for the 24-25 FAFSA/TASFA financial aid applications opening in December 2023?
- Create a valid personal email. Both students and parents should have an accessible personal (not school) email account.
- Create an FSA ID. Students that will use the FAFSA financial aid application will create an FSA ID. Parents will also create an FSA ID regardless of citizenship.
- Gather 2022 tax documents, w-2 forms, bank statements, and pay stubs
- Research colleges, universities, and trade schools that you are interested in applying to.
- Students, log into your Xello account to search and narrow down "Best-Fit" institutions!
- Apply to selected colleges, universities and trade schools.
- Unsure which financial aid application is right for you or need help? Contact your campus CCMR Coach or high school counselor.
Secure Financial Aid with the FAFSA/TASFA
We're Here to Help!
One-on-one assistance to complete the financial aid application is available for students and families.
Please contact your student's counselor or CCMR coach.
Irving High School: Iris Hill email@example.com
MacArthur High School: Jennifer Baley Gunn firstname.lastname@example.org
Nimitz High School: Lakisha Parish-Lias email@example.com
Singley Academy: Jessica Small firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardwell Career Preparatory Center: Maria (Ines) Herrera email@example.com