2020-2021 Benefits Explanation
Open Enrollment Announcement
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2020-2021 PLAN YEAR BEGINS JULY 15 AND ENDS AUGUST 13.
For assistance with enrollment, employees can utilize the HUB Call Center and Irving ISD Benefits page. In-person enrollment assistance will not be available for the health and safety of all district employees.
The HUB Call Center Assistance
- Available for enrollment assistance and to answer questions during the open enrollment period from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Monday-Friday).
- The Call Center phone number is 866-914-5202, with Spanish assistance available. Individual assistance via video call is available by appointment with at least a 24-hour notice.
LA INSCRIPCIÓN ABIERTA PARA EL AÑO 2020-2021 COMIENZA EL 15 DE JULIO Y TERMINA EL 13 DE AGOSTO.
Para obtener ayuda con la inscripción, los empleados pueden utilizar el centro de llamadas HUB y la página de beneficios de Irving ISD. La asistencia de inscripción en persona no estará disponible por salud y seguridad de todos los empleados del distrito.
El Centro de Asistencia del Llamadas HUB
- Disponible para asistencia en la inscripción y para responder preguntas durante el período de inscripción abierta de 8 a.m. a 7 p.m. (de lunes a viernes).
- El número de teléfono del centro de llamadas es el 866-914-5202, con asistencia en español disponible. La asistencia individual a través de videollamada está disponible con cita previa con al menos un aviso de 24 horas de anticipación.
Compensation and Benefits
2020-2021 IrvingISD Benefits Information
- 2020-2021 IrvingISD Benefits Rate Sheet
- 2020-2021 Benefits Enrollment Flyer (English)
- 2020-2021 Benefits Enrollment Flyer (Spanish)
- 2020-2021 Benefit Resources Video (English)
- 2020-2021 Benefit Resources Video (Spanish)
- The Benefits HUB Enrollment Walk-through Video
Changes in benefits after the open enrollment period can only be made if you have a qualifying event. (ex. marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, spouse loss of coverage)
What is a Qualifying Event?
A qualifying event is a life-changing event that causes a change in the level of coverage or eligibility for coverage of health insurance benefits. It is a personal change in the employee's status which allows them under the IRS "Change of Status" regulations to make a change to health insurance benefits with the district.
Ex. Birth, Adoption, Death, Marriage, Divorce, Involuntary loss of coverage in another group plan., Gaining other coverage in another group plan
What are the requirements to make a change?
- You only have 31 calendar days from the date of the qualifying event to make a change.
- You are required to fill out and turn in the "Benefit Change Form" within 31 calendar days of the qualifying event.
- You are required to send supporting documentation within 31 calendar days of the qualifying event.
- Birth - Verification of Birth Facts, Birth Certificate
- Adoption - Adoption papers
- Death - Death Certificate
- Marriage - Marriage license
- Divorce - (if results in loss of coverage) Divorce decree (First and last pages with judge's signature)
- Involuntary loss of coverage - Certificate of Creditable Coverage or statement on letterhead from the terminating group insurance plan. The following must be included:
- who was covered
- why coverage is ending
- the date coverage ends
- must clearly indicate the coverage for health and/or dental
- insurance company name
- policy number
- Gaining other coverage in another group plan - You must submit a statement on letterhead from the new insurance provider or a copy of the new insurance card. The following must be included:
- who is covered
- when coverage started
- policy number
- type of coverage