Retention and Incentive Payments
The Irving ISD Board of Trustees approved a retention and/or incentive payment for full-time and part-time (monthly and bi-weekly) TRS eligible returning employees and new hires.
Returning employees who do not have a break in service are eligible to receive a retention and incentive payment totaling $750. New hires must be employed by August 15, 2022, to be eligible for the incentive payment of $750.
All returning employees who remain employed by Irving ISD and are TRS eligible on or prior to June 30, 2022, are eligible. This includes full-time and part-time employees [monthly and bi-weekly] under the following guidelines:
- Must have signed a Letter of Assurance or Contract for the 2022-2023 School Year.
- Must be full-time or part-time benefits and TRS eligible and who are working at least 20 hours per week. (Employees must be actively contributing to the TRS retirement system to be eligible for the payment.)
- Must not have submitted a notice of intent to separate from their employment to Irving ISD.
- All returning employees who meet the eligibility requirements will receive the $750* Retention Payment by October 28, 2022, as a separate paycheck.
The $750 Sign Up Bonus for all new Irving ISD hires will be granted under the following guidelines:
- Must be employed by August 15, 2022.
- Must be full-time or part-time benefits and TRS eligible, consistently working at least 20 hours per week.
- Must have signed a Letter of Assurance or Contract for the 2022-2023 school year, and not have submitted a notice of intent to separate from their employment with Irving ISD.
- New to Irving ISD hires will receive the $750* incentive compensation by October 28, 2022, as a separate check.
Anyone, receiving the retention/incentive payment, that resigns on or before October 7, 2022, is subject to being docked from their last paycheck.
*Please note the retention and incentive payments are not TRS eligible wages.