Athletic Hall of Fame
The Irving ISD Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 2012 to recognize achievements of athletes, coaches, administrators and other contributors to the accomplishments and history of the athletic programs in district.
Here are some important points when making nominations:
- Nominations for the Athletic Hall of Fame may be submitted by anyone, with the exception of current Irving ISD Board of Trustees and the Superintendent. Those nominating do not have to be residents of Irving ISD or affiliated with the district.
- Nominations received after the annual deadline will be considered the following year.
- If not selected for the current year, nomination forms will be held and reconsidered every year, unless the individual who submitted the application or the nominee has formally requested their application be removed from consideration for future years. A new application does not have to be provided on an annual basis.
- Reference the Hall of Fame Guidelines for more information on nominations.
Eligibility for Honorees:
There are three categories of honorees:
1. Athletes: Must be a graduate of an Irving ISD high school. Eligible ten years after graduation.
2. Employees of Irving ISD: Consists of coaches, teachers, administrators, or other district employees. Eligible if retired from school district or deceased.
3. Contributors: Consists of community members. Eligible at any time.
An individual that is currently an Irving ISD employee is ineligible for consideration and induction, regardless of category.
Deadline for Inductee applications will be February 15th. Committee Review and Selection will happen in March and the Induction Ceremony and Banquet will be held the 3rd Saturday of May. A plaque will be placed at the school where the honoree is/was affiliated. Honorees will be given a plaque for their personal use. The honorees will also be recognized at one of the following year's home varsity football games. Irving Schools Foundation will place a gold brick paver at Legacy Brick Plaza at the main entrance of the stadium.